Friday, October 31, 2008

Unit 9 Reading Resonse

Intro to Extensible Markup Language (XML)
  • how are XML & HTML different? I see that XML is not a "redefined set of tags" , so is XML pure code?
  • I don't understand what a compound document is
  • So XML doesn't "make" info, it just "reads" it and translates it across the board?
  • what is the difference between language and code?
  • I don't understand what XML is or what it does.

A Survey of XML Standards and XML Schema Tutorial

I do not understand XML at all. in the first article, Intro to Extensible Markup Language, I didn't understand what it was, but I felt like I was on the cusp of doing so. But with the second two readings, I was at a complete loss. I don't understand how its different to HTML. I'm just lost in general as to what exactly it is and what it does.

No comments: