Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 6 Reading Responses

Local Area Network Wikipedia
  • I'm an admin assistant and often have to submit LAN requests for new employees or employees moving to my building, it's nice to finely know the basics of what an LAN is and why it needs to be requested.

Computer Network Wikipedia
  • I'm happy we're not being quizzed on all of the different network types, they all seem so similar to me by the descriptions in the wikipedia article. It seems like the most minuscule of differences separates them.
  • So basic hardware components are the "tools" that enable these networks to operate?
  • I'd like an explanation of how routers work in simpler terms.

RFID (Coyle article)

  • Enjoyed reading how RFID would be applied in a library and not how it works. I'm in the program for the for the love of reading and literacy, not technology, so it's nice to see something about how the technology will be utilized in a library
  • I don't understand the privacy issue mentioned in the article...
  • Concern: cost of tags or outfitting all items with RFID capabilities vs. duration of use

No comments: